My time in South America is at an end. I can’t believe it’s over, I really just can’t, and in my mind I’m already planning my next adventure. But! There are some sweet, sweet things that I’ve fully embraced now that I’m home, including:
- Flushing all the toilet paper. I may flush a whole roll right now, just because I can.
- Walking down the street sans vehicular honking.
- Wearing shorts, because it’s fucking summer in Canada.
- After a year of not having a home … well, having a new place to stay for a while.
- Clean fingernails. I’m not sure how it happens, but in South America, even if your hands are in gloves … your fingernails still end up dirty. Gross!
- Thinking in one language.
- Knowing what my money is worth.
- Clean bathrooms. Enough said.
- Having all the hot showers.
- Drinking water from the tap. So fresh!
- Maple syrup on my pancakes and extra cheese curds on my poutine.
Hola, Canada! I’ve really missed you.