I have been without internet, so please excuse me for not updating.
My first week:
- I’m 17 again, and have just moved out.
- I ate pizza on the floor. Twice.
- I got groceries from a place called “Fortinos”.
- My shower is angled because I’m in the attic, so I have to kink my neck to wash my hair.
- My first few days were spent sleeping on a leaky air mattress. I woke in a position where my torso was flat on hardwood but my legs and head were oh-so-slightly elevated. It’s pretty awesome to wake up like that.
- Ontario shuts down on STATs, so I couldn’t get a new air mattress.
- I finally got a new air mattress, and a weird $10 cup chair from Wal-Mart.
- I have no internet, so I watch DVDs (do you remember those?) like The Notebook and The Sound of Music because I haven’t bought DVDs since first year of college. I do this in my cup chair.
- I wish I had Netflix. And a couch.
- When I finally got to Ikea, I ended up being the last person in the store on a Thursday night.
- On my way home from Ikea, I drove in exactly 4 circles. Instead of a 15 minute jaunt from Ikea it was an hour.
- At 10:45pm, I lugged 100 lb bed frame (and all my other purchases) in the dark, and up 3 flights of sketchy stairs to my apartment.
- Ya, that was stupid.
- Ontario has no mountains, so I get lost. A lot. But the skies sure are pretty sometimes.
Oh, I also started midwifery school.
Is this my life????